Emergency Lighting Servicing
What the law says (shortened easy version!):
Emergency routes and exits requiring illumination must be provided with emergency lighting – fire equipment must be subject to a suitable system of maintenance and are maintained in an efficient state, in efficient working order and in good repair - Regulatory Reform (Fire Safety) Order 2005
We are able to:
- Test & inspect emergency lighting equipment, as part of this process we identify & number all lighting units to allow you to fulfil your obligation of being able to test units for correct function each month.
- Conduct the annual tests as required by BS5266.
- Produce an inventory of all units, their test status & test switch location.
- Assist with staff training to help with the monthly testing requirements that can be conducted locally.
- Design and install emergency lighting systems.
- Advise on solutions for any faults or additional lighting required.
We are also able to:
- Conduct a risk assessment to ensure that the escape lighting system conforms to the requirements of BS5266.
- Advise on the design of emergency escape lighting.